Friday, October 26, 2007

What we've been watching

WATCHING
MOVIES
3:10 to Yuma
: Erin and I saw this movie a few weeks ago and both agreed that it is our favorite movie of the year. Good chemistry between Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, a well-told story that will give you a jolt at the end.

TV
Aliens in America: This TV show is definitely the funniest of the new shows, and my personal favorite new show of the year. It has a Wonder Years feel to it, with the narration of a high school student who is struggling to fit in. The Alien part (if you didn't know) refers to a foreign exchange student (Raja from Pakistan) who is the narrator's tag-along.

Pushing Daisies: This was the most highly touted show going into the new Fall season. Personally, after giving it several episodes, I don't love it. It is definitely unique and quirky, but I find it a bit over-narrated and I don't feel a real attachment to the lead character, Ned. I was willing to give it a shot, but I'm about to give it the axe. The only other new show I watch regularly other than Aliens, is Chuck, and my interest in that show is beginning to wane as well.

Next Great American Band: This will fill my American Idol fix until AI returns in January. It is basically a battle of the bands, different styles, to see who gets the crown. I find it reasonably enjoyable for its niche of show. My pick to win: a country/rock band called Sixwire.

Have a groovy weekend.

No comments: