Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9








Thirteen Things about Erin
13 Quotes from The Office

1. “I am a great interviewee. Why? Because I have something no one else has. My brain. Which I use to my advantage, when advantageous.” Andy Bernard

2. “That’s what she said.” Michael Scott

3. “Once I’m officially regional manager, my first order of business will be to demote Jim Halpert. So I will need a new number two. My ideal choice? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable. Fictional. And overqualified.” Dwight Schrute

4. "Yes. It is true. I, Michael Scott, am signing up with an online dating service. Thousands of people have done it, and I am going to do it. I need a username, and... I have a great one. [types something] 'Little Kid Lover'. That way people will know exactly where my priorities are at." Michael Scott

5. “I swore to myself if I ever got to walk around the room as manager, people would laugh as they saw me coming, and they'd applaud as I walked away.” Michael Scott

6. “Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.” Michael Scott

7. “In general, they do not give me much responsibility. But they do let me shred the company documents. And that is really all I need.” Kevin Malone

8. “So Ryan got promoted to corporate, where he is a little fish in a big pond. Whereas back here in Scranton I am still top dog in a fairly large pond. So who is the real boss? The dog or a fish?” Michael Scott

9. “I love inside jokes. I'd like to be a part of one some day.” Michael Scott

10. “You'll notice I didn't have anybody being Arab. I thought that would be too explosive...no pun intended. But I just thought, 'too soon' for Arabs. Maybe next year. The ball's in their court.” Michael Scott (after role-playing exercise in “Diversity Day” episode)

11. Okay, just so I understand it, in your wildest fantasy, you are in hell, and you are co-running a bed and breakfast with the devil.” Jim Halpert (to Dwight)

12. “A lot of people think that magic camp is just for kids, and that's why so many other people in my class were kids. Self-fulfilling prophesy. It's umm, really for anybody with a dream, and a belief in magic, and a little extra time after school.” Michael Scott

13. “Yes I have acted before. I was in a production of "Oklahoma!" in the 7th grade. I played the part of Mutey the Mailman. They had too many kids so they made up roles like that. I was good.” Dwight Schrute

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Nicholas
2. Amy
3. Nap Warden
4. Penelope Anne
5. Nicole
6. Sharon


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quotes from a very funny show. Not quite as good as the orignial, but getting there. I nevr miss it.

Unknown said...

Can you believe have not see the show? Mines up as well!!


great idea for a TT!

nikki the red said...

gotta love the office!

Cynthia said...

It is a great show!

Unknown said...

I have watched the show once...some run for a cause, a strange cause too.
Hubby does not like sitcoms so he usually clicks, I think he was at a Scout event that night.
Good T13 though...check out mine.

Nicole said...

Those are great! Sadly I haven't seen the show, as your quotes make it seems like a fun one to catch. That, however, is the problem with living in the country... TV access is sorely lacking.

Happy TT!

Sharon said...

LOVE it!!! The Office is my favorite show. This was great. :)The one "little kid lover'-I forgot all about that. lol
I am pumped to watch it tonight. Happy TT!

Robin said...

I haven't seen it, but I'm starting to wonder what I've been missing.