Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Poll of the Week

Erin wrote a tribute to straws a while back. We are on opposing sides of this issue. She loves straws, I only use one when necessary, e.g. when in the car, otherwise, no way, José. I want to know, I need to know, I must know... What is your drinking preference, straw or no straw?

Why do you prefer to use/not use a straw? What about it makes it preferable or not? Comment.

One week to vote, as always.

Vote your conscience.

P.S. People would rather be eaten by ravenous lions than burnt alive. Good choice, I say.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No straws. When I worked in Labor&Deliveray at the hospital, the nurses never let new moms have straws because you suck in alot of air when you use one and it can give you serious gas, which is bad for a new mom. Every since then I've been a "No Straw" girl. Weird reason, yes, but one I stand by completely

erin said...

Interesting, Lauren. I'm a regular straw user, and I can't say I've noticed a gas problem, but I'll have to remember that little health lesson when I have a baby. :)

Anonymous said...

I am without a doubt ALWAYS a straw person. I cannot drink a cold drink with ice and not have a straw. My teeth are very sensitive.

Yeah straws!

Anonymous said...

Lol, erin - actually, I never notived one either, but I figure better safe than sorry. Although, I agree with Stefanie - drinking a cold drink with ice can be hard on the teeth.
(incidently, new moms aren't allowed to have apple juice or soda for the same reason. weird, eh?)

Anonymous said...

One never knows who might have touched or drunk from the glass you are using. I have noticed that even employees touch the lip of the glass from time to time when handing it to me. Straws usually come wrapped so I feel like it is more sanitary to use a straw.

stephen said...

I have the utmost confidence in my immune system.