Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Poll of the Week

There is a virtual cornucopia of options on the web for social communication and blogging. Blogs only include, but are not limited to, Blogger, Wordpress, Xanga, LiveJournal, etc. Other sites which may have a blogging feature but also include aspects of social networking include Facebook and MySpace. Even within blogs only, different sites provide different features and levels of user friendliness.

So this is my inquiry, fair reader, which of these particular sites are you involved in the most? The poll is set up for you to select multiple options if that best suits you. In the comment section, I'd like to know why you chose the venue of blogging/social networking that you chose. What about it do you like? What about the others do you dislike? If you use multiple sites, which one of them occupies the majority of your time?

The poll is open... now!

P.S. There are 8 straw users as opposed to 3 non-straw users. I'm fine with being in the minority.

6 comments:

stephen said...

I'll kick it off...

I only use a blog... blogger, obviously. I find it to be the most user friendly. I wish there was a way to add a different background without losing your widgets (you probably can editing code, but I'm not that advanced).

I used to use MySpace and Facebook, but both lost their appeal with me. It was too much stress putting friends in order, and I like having the blog as the front page.

erin said...

I use Blogger, and I also have a Facebook, which I visit far too frequently. I had a MySpace at one time, but I spent more time on Facebook, and having both seemed kind of redundant, so I killed my MySpace page and haven't looked back.

Anonymous said...

I love my Wordpress. The ability to see who comes and goes as well as what they click on while there is of interest to me. Plus, I just really like their steup.

I have been loving my Twitter lately. The thing is just too freakin' fun. I love my blog, but also enjoy my "mini-blog" as well.

Anonymous said...

Erin. That is sorta what it is It is a mini-blog. 140 sharacter mini-blog.

You can post to it via text messaging or instant messanger as well. That makes it really neat in the fact you can update it from virtually anywhere.

And you can follow friends and such using it.

Just a really cool little thing.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I cannot type.

I apologize for the spelling and lack of punctuation.

Anonymous said...

I also answered the question a little better over on my page.

Hope it answered your question.