Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Weekly Poll

Great response on this week's poll question. Giraffe and the infamous "other" animal (sounds like something straight from the TV show Lost) each have 4 votes. I can only gather that 2 of the "other" votes were for the white tiger, 2 are a mystery, ergo, making Toys-R-Us very proud, the giraffe (one of the few animals we did not see at the zoo when we went) wins the hotly contested match-up of most popular zoo animal.

This week's poll. Soda. The delicious sugary, carbonationy, caffeiney beverage we all love to drink by the liter. I'm wondering, fair reader, which is your favorite kind of soda? To narrow it down, I'm limiting it to Coke products that you could typically find at a soda fountain in a restaurant, so Coke, Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Mr. Pibb, Mellow Yellow. I could name a couple more, but I'll limit it to 6.

You know what time it is? It's votin' time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was tough. My two favorite (Dr. Pepper and Sun Drop) were not on there. And the funny thing is outside of the South, you can't find Mellow Yellow anymore. Another reason why I miss living in the south

Anonymous said...

Excuse me! Mountain Dew is not on the list! This is a travesty of EPIC Proportions. EPIC, I tell you.

One must understand that I have had at least one Mountain Dew a day since I was 16 - as in 11 years. My insides are officially rotten from the sugar.

If Mountain Dew is not available, I will dane to drink Dr. Pepper or Cheer Wine - but not without loud and obnoxious protesting.

erin said...

Mountain Dew/Mellow Yellow. Aren't they basically the same thing? :)

(And don't Mr. Pib and Dr. Pepper taste very similar as well?)

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO! Mountain Dew and Mellow Yellow are not the same. Do not even speak such henious words!

Mellow Yellow is a shallow sharliton of a soda compared to the ambrosia that is Mountain Dew.

I know, I know, I take this WAY to seriously, lol.

stephen said...

The lack of Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew on the poll is simply because I listed Coke products only, since Coke outsells Pepsi in the U.S. and abroad.

Anonymous said...

Lauren is SO correct. MY and MD are not even close to the same thing.

Alas, you did only put Coke products up there...

Can I please ask your friend Michael what Sun Drop is?!

stephen said...

Doing a quick google search:

"Mountain Dew is a caffeinated, sweet, citrus-flavored soft drink"

"Mello Yello is a caffeinated, citrus-flavored soft drink"

Looks like, with the exception of the adjective "sweet", someone thinks they're at the very least similar in definition.

Personally, for whatever reason, I prefer Mellow Yellow in a bottle, Mountain Dew in a can.

Anonymous said...

MY is less fizzy than MD, and is more - ah, mellow, actually. While Surge (the short lived Coke rival to MD) was too fizzy. MD is the perfect balance between fizz and flavor ( oh my, could I sound anymore like a commerical, or what?)

MD also has more caffiene and sugar than MY, making it a staple for caffiene-depenant folks like myself.

And I'm with Stefanie - what is Sun Drop?

stephen said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Drop