Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #8


Thirteen Things about Erin
13 Events of 1981, my year of birth

My birthday is on Monday, so I thought I'd commemorate it by exploring important
happenings in 1981.

1. Ronald Regan was inaugurated as the 40th President on Jan. 20
2. That very same day, the Iran Hostage Crisis ended.
3. On March 30, President Regan is shot by John Hinckley.
4. Apparently it's the year for assassination attempts, as Pope John Paul II was shot in
St. Peter's Square.
5. The highest grossing film of 1981 is Raiders of the Lost Ark (love that movie!).
6. Chariots of Fire won the Academy Award for Best Picture (I've never seen that movie).
7. Sandra Day O'Connor becomes the first female Supreme Court Justice.
8. On July 29, Prince Charles married Diana.
9. On August 1, MTV Network debuted. They might have actually played some music videos
then...
10. On September 12, Smurfs premiered.
11. Toni Morrison's Tar Baby was published.
12. On October 22, I entered the world. It was a good day.
13. The number one song on the day of my birth was, "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross. (To find out what your song is, click here.)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Sassy
2. No Nonsense Girl
3. Lynn
4. Ellen B
5. Nicholas
6. The Gal Herself
7. L^2
8. Mama Pajama
9. Amy
10. Mitchypoo



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome list. What's so sad, is I remember everything that happened. Happy TT!!

Addicted to crafting said...

that's a great list!!! I was too young to remember anything from it...well, my memoruies aren't of any of the world things!!! LOL

visit me! :)

Anonymous said...

Indiana Jones is awesome!

Anonymous said...

My middle son was born in 1981 too so it was extra fun for me to read this list...

Anonymous said...

And you remember all that?? :)

I love Raiders too, and I've never seen Chariots of Fire, or watched MTV for that matter!

The Gal Herself said...

Cool list! I remember all of it. (Well, I remember sleeping through Chariots of Fire. Does that count?) Thanks for visiting my TT.

L^2 said...

Yay Smurfs!!! Well, actually I was only a year old in 1981, so I don't really remember any of the important events on your list.

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day. And thanks for visiting my TT.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea for TT! I might have to steal it for 1977....Great list!

Unknown said...

thanks for making me feeel old.MIchael and I did a list as well. Hope you get to visit. We loved the 80s

Mitchypoo said...

Oh my gosh, you make me feel old! Happy birthday early! Happy TT!