Friday, November 16, 2007

Random Ramblings...

* The Magic are rolling along. They could be a top 3-4 seed in the East. Dwight Howard is a monster. The best news about him? He'll turn 22 December 8th.

* Oregon lost their Heisman hopeful (Tebow's biggest competition) and their shot for a title. If LSU can win out, they'll probably be playing one of the Big 12 schools (my money's on Oklahoma).

* I saw Memphis play last night. They weren't as dominating as I thought they'd be. As I've mentioned ad nauseum, I love Derrick Rose. My concerns about Memphis as a team: they're not a great 3 point shooting team, not a great free throw shooting team, and they don't have a great inside scoring threat. It may be UCLA's year.

* I don't want to hear any more about steroids, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, O.J. Simpson, Kobe Bryant trade scenarios, the possibility of the Patriots going undefeated, or how Tony Romo is the next Brett Favre.

* Is anyone else watching The Next Great American Band?

* Next winner of American Idol? David Cook. Write it down.

* We're going to Memphis this weekend to see the Grizzlies play the Hornets. It'll be my first time at the FedEx Forum. Should be a fun game to watch. It will be nice to get out of town for a couple of days.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not watching the show about the next great bands, but one of my friends/sorority sisters does marketing or something for the group Dot Dot Dot. I believe they are/were on this show. : )

erin said...

Dot Dot Dot is in fact on the show! That's cool you have a friend working with them.