Friday, November 30, 2007

Pic o' the Week-o of What I've been hearing

A few CDs I've gotten recently that I'd recommend:

Emerson Drive - Countrified (4.5/5)

I didn't really have any country albums in my collection, so I went out in search for a country band. I stumbled across this band. I honestly think the lead singer has one of the best voices in country music. The songs have a positive message. They are upbeat and catchy, but not too twangy. If you're a country fan, or are willing to give country music a shot, give these gents a listen.

TOP TRACKS: A Good Man, Testify, Moments, Devil Went Down to Georgia (cover).

Josh Groban - Noel (4.75/5)

I didn't know he had a Christmas album out until recently (the album was released in October). I gave it a listen online, and it's a very good album, as you might expect. Groban does duets with Faith Hill and Brian McKnight. All in all, I'd say it's one of, if not the best Christmas album that I own. If you're a Groban fan, this CD is a must have.

TOP TRACKS - Little Drummer Boy, I'll Be Home for Christmas, The Christmas Song, The First Noel (with Faith Hill)

Relient K - Let it Snow, Baby... Let it Reindeer (4/5)

This album is comprised mostly of songs from a previous album (Deck The Halls, Bruise Your Hand). There are a few songs new to this album which are in typical fun, silly, light-hearted, Relient K fashion. If you enjoy punk rock, or Relient K, you may be interested in this album. There are a few Relient K originals, and some really good versions of well knowns, but it's definitely not your typical, classic Christmas album.

TOP TRACKS: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Sleigh Ride, Merry Christmas, Here's to Many More, Good King Wenceslas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great musical selections!