Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #4


Thirteen Things about Erin


1. I have loved dolphins and all things related to dolphins since I was in the fourth grade and my teacher read my class Island of the Blue Dolphins (which, incidentally, doesn't have much to do with dolphins).

2. I realized my life's dream of swimming with dolphins the summer after I graduated college. My family went on a cruise to Jamaica, and I got to swim with a sweet dolphin named Hannah. She kissed me on the cheek, which means we're best friends for life.

3. Some kids got in trouble for talking in class, but I got in trouble for reading books by holding them under my desk.

4. I also got in trouble for reading books by flashlight in my bed, long after I was supposed to have gone to sleep.

5. The first time I babysat, I put the baby's diaper on backwards. I didn't even realize it until the parents gently pointed it out. And I took a babysitting course and everything!

6. I used to arrange my clothes by color (ROYGBIV), but now I arrange them by type (shirts without collar, shirts with collar, jeans, dress pants, skirts).

7. My paternal grandmother is from El Salvador. Whenever I see her she tries to get me to talk in Spanish, but I'm nowhere near fluent, sadly enough.

8. I'm left-handed.

9. I love driving on the interstate with the windows down and the music up.

10. My biggest pet peeve is when people use the word "alot." This word does not exist! Tell all of your friends!

11. I love daisies. They come in a fabulous array of colors and can last for weeks. Tulips are also lovely, but they have very short lives.

12. I really would love to go sky-diving, but I don't know if I'll ever get up enough nerve to do so.

13. Gilmore Girls is my all-time favorite show, and I was truly heartbroken when it got canceled.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Daniel
2. Lynn
3. Damozel
4. Nap Warden
5. Natalie
6. Denise Patrick
7. The Gal Herself
8. Ginny
9. Nicole
10. Robin
11. Thomma Lyn
12. Christine
13. L^2
14. Joely Sue Burkhart
15. Elisa
16.
Samulli
17. Frigga



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 comments:

Unknown said...

So I decided to do this Thursday 13 thing thinking that... (I've run out of words that start with "th")... anyways, it's a cool idea, so I did it. And oh yeah, I wanna swim with dolphins.

ginnyrecipes said...

I love Gilmore Girls too. I tape them on my DVR, the old ones of course, just so I can get my fix. It was very sad when they cancelled it, I'm still bitter about it. Boo on them.

Anonymous said...

I used to arrange my clothes by color too. Now I hang everything as outfits so I never have to waste time wondering what to wear.

Anonymous said...

Cool list. I too liked Gilmore Girls -- and dolphins. On the internet (I think ebay) I found sterling bookmarks with a dolphin on top.

Cynthia said...

Awww, I miss the Gilmore Girls:)

Natalie said...

I miss Gilmore Girls too. And go sky diving...I went once about 8 years ago and it was amazing!

Denise Patrick said...

How cool you got to swim with dolphins. I think that's wonderful. And, I'm left-handed, too.

thanks for visiting my TT!

The Gal Herself said...

I love daisies and carnations, too. Like you said, variety of colors and longevity. Nothing is sadder than coming home to a wilted bouquet!

Anonymous said...

I'm left-handed, too, and hehe, I hear you on reading books below desk-level -- I used to do that, too, when I got bored in class! And yup, I did the flashlight-in-bed thingie, too!

Happy T13, and thanks for visiting mine. :)

Nicole said...

I think it would be neat to swim with dolphins, but I dislike swimming in sea water, so I think I might have a problem. Nice list!

(Mine is here.)

Robin said...

I used to do that read under the desk thing too!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to get to know you.
Dolphins are my daughter marissa's favorite thing to collect. She'd love to go swim with them.

I also got caught reading under the covers after lights out!

Happy TT!

L^2 said...

#6 - me too! LOL I could have written that one. :-)

And I'd love to sky-dive too, but I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity.

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Me too on hiding the books during class and trying to read them anyway. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

I read under the desk and with a flashlight too! I tried reading with my nightlight until my folks took that away and then I graduated to trying to read by my clock (it's red.) Plus...I do the ROYGBIV thing.

Happy TT.

samulli said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hadn't seen yours before, I think.
I also got in trouble reading books in school, because I was bored by the teachers. LOL
And I've done sky-diving a few years back in New Zealand. Let me tell you, it really is a terrifying experience, but also quite exciting - and it gives you such a warm feeling of "thank god, I'm still alive" once it's over. Now, looking back I wouldn't wanna miss that experience - but I wouldn't really wanna do it again either. But most of the people I was traveling with said right after the jump that they wanted to go right up there and do it again. Go figure. But I'd say it's definitely worth trying it once in your life. After you've done and survived this there's not much left to be afraid of, which is a very nice feeling as well. :o)

Rebecca said...

Hehe - #9 is ME TOO!! I love driving and music, so put them together and I'm a happy gal!
I really like the Gilmore Girls too! I'd like to buy the dvds so I can actually watch all the episodes, I just know I've missed several here and there throughout the shows run. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are very organized! I just arrange my clothes according to type: skirts, shirts..