Monday, September 24, 2007

Random Thoughts

If a frozen dinner calls itself "creamy rigatoni with chicken and broccoli," said dinner should include more than two measly stalks of broccoli.

I've heard the "I couldn't get out of bed" excuse for tardiness before, but for an 11 am class? Isn't that a bit much?

Why is it that during the "meet and greet" portion of the church service all I think about is how many germs are spreading throughout the congregation?

I wish Hubby and I had more refined palates. If we did, we'd have more dinner options to choose from when planning our weekly menu. We got a subscription to Everyday Food as a wedding present, but I've hardly used it at all because it involves cooking with foods besides beef and pasta. (By the way, planning a weekly menu is a great idea if you don't want to spend time every day figuring out what to eat for dinner. It also cuts down on spontaneous trips to fast food restaurants. However, if you don't check the menu each morning to see if anything needs to be thawed, you might end up going out to eat anyway, so don't be a ditz like me. Look at the menu!)

I really regret cutting my hair a few weeks ago. I feel sad every time I look at it. Getting a bad haircut has made me realize how completely vain I am, and I'd like to change that but am not sure how to do so. Any suggestions?

I don't remember how the topic came up, but Hubby and I were discussing whether it would be better preferable to be burned in a furnace or eaten by lions (oh wait, we were talking about the Book of Daniel), and we both came to different conclusions. I decided I'd rather be burned than watch myself be chewed to death, but Stephen said he'd rather risk the lions because there's a slight chance that he could fight them off, whereas you can't really escape a fiery furnace unless you have an angel protecting you. Interesting how his first instinct was to think which option would give him the best chance of survival, and mine was to think about which would be the less agonizing death. Which one would you choose? On another note, why is the adjective form of fire fiery and not firey? I guess the former looks better than the latter.

It's the second day of fall, and the temperature is currently 81 degrees and humid. Yippie.

No comments: