Wednesday, September 19, 2007

In the Books and On the Screen

To be honest, I haven't been reading much beyond Reader's Digest. I figured that once I started school that would happen, and it has. I am plodding my way, ever so slowly, through Becoming Jane Austen: A Life. I realized when I saw previews for the movie that I knew very little about one of my favorite authors, so I wanted to educate myself. I attempted the reading of another, much lengthier bio, but it was so detailed that I could not make it through. I have been much more satisfied reading this book, which appears to have much of the same information in a more concise format. I've only read through the fourth chapter, so when I'm finished I'll give a more thorough review. What are you reading?

Last night Stephen and I watched the season premiere of Beauty and the Geek, which was absolutely delightful. This season there's a not-so-well-hidden twist: one pair of beauty and geek is reversed (the guy is the beauty and the girl is the geek). The newest batch of beauties and geeks promises to be fodder for good entertainment television, and I look forward to seeing how the pairs fare. Once I watch the premiere again I'll update this post with some of my favorite lines.

Tonight we're looking forward to the premiere of Back to You, which hopefully will be funny without being too raunchy. What new shows are you looking forward to? What returning favorites are you excited about (The Office, anyone?)?

P.S. Don't forget to vote in this week's poll, if you haven't already done so!

3 comments:

stephen said...

New shows: Hopefully Back to You will be a good comedy, Chuck has promise, Journeyman, Life, Pushing Daisies looks very odd but possibly interesting, and Next Great American Band are the ones that most interest me. (Not necessarily that they'll all work out as shows I'll like and will watch regularly.)

Old shows: Beauty and the Geek, Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader, Deal or No Deal, Don't Forget the Lyrics, House, The Office, and starting in '08... American Idol and LOST.

ginnyrecipes said...

Hmmm...Cold Case, Without a Trace, Law and Order SVU, CSI, Supernatural...as you can see I'm a crime show fanatic. I love them. I can't wait til Sunday when Cold Case premieres, then all others follow.

Anonymous said...

I love The Office and Scrubs, it's my hour to lay on the couch and giggle after the kids are in bed.